Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ministry Center

The roof trusses and decking went on our new building this week. The steel frame for the walking track is being erected right now. The electricians and HVAC folks are busy creating a tangled mess of conduit and duct. The brick is being laid from daylight to dark. (Which by the way gets longer beginning Sunday.)

To borrow from a song, it's beginning to look a lot like a building. OK, quit laughing.

As I walked through it this afternoon taking pictures and making people nervous because the site was recently visited by OSHA, I could begin to see ministry happening. Prior to today it has all been images in my head, now it is beginning to be images on a floor, in a room, around a table. I can see lives being changed. I can see hurting people be helped with meals, a warm room, a place to connect their brokenness. I can see fun and frolic. I can see the church gathered enjoying real koinonia. When we broke ground, the vision started becoming reality. And now its beginning to have a heartbeat.

It's cool. It's faith. It's blessing.

1 comment: